Thunder Players Comment On Facing James Harden For 1st Time

Tomorrow marks exactly a month since the blockbuster trade that sent OKC’s James Harden, Cole Aldrich, Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to Houston in return for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and picks. Now that the dust has settled, the Rockets will take on the Thunder at Chesapeake Energy Arena tomorrow night in the 1st matchup between the teams this season. So are the Thunder treating it like any other game?

According to Daily Thunder:

Scott Brooks:

“Obviously with James coming back, the fans are going to be excited to see him,” Brooks said. “But I really believe they’re going to cheer him on early and cheer for us the rest of the game.”

“There’s no question it’s probably more emotional for the guy playing against his former team than a team playing against one player,” he said. “Because we look at tomorrow’s game as we have to beat the Rockets.”

On Thabo Sefolosha guarding James Harden: “The crazy thing is though, good players seem to figure out how to get their points and get their game going,” Brooks said. “Everybody knows the league pretty well. You know how to stop Kevin Durant, but it’s hard to do it. You know how to stop Russell, but it’s hard to do it. That’s what makes the great players special. And James, it’s hard to stop him.”

Kevin Martin:

“He’s going to be hit with a lot of emotions. Especially the closer it gets to tipoff,” Martin said. “But the fans love him here, he had success. So it should be a good welcoming for him.”

What about for him personally playing against the Rockets?

“I had some great years down there. Not being in a Rockets uniform, it’ll be a little emotional,” he said. “But it’s part of the business and you wish them the best of luck and you go on with the game and try and win it.”

Russell Westbrook:

“It won’t be nothing for me. Nothing happened to me. It’s another night man,” said Westbrook. “Like I said, those guys, James, Daequan, Cole, we’re all still good friends. But we got to go in and take care of business.”

On defending Harden: “I mean, I don’t know what it’s like. Because we ain’t played yet. But it’s different. He has a green light over there, he plays freely. He’s able to basically do whatever he wants. But we just have to do a good job of team defense and we’ll be alright.”

On how much he’s talked to Harden: “None really. Not much.”

12 Comments

1. Pingback: what is the online to get vmware trained

2. Pingback: seattle seo consultant

3. Pingback: Poor Credit Unsecured Loans

4. Pingback: From This Source

5. Pingback: Loan for People With Poor Credit

6. I every time used tto read piece of writing in news papers buut now as
    I am a user of internet thus from now I am usding neet for articles, thanks to web.

Feel free to surf too my web site :: obstructive Sleep apnea Complications

7. free chat

08/08/2014 at 12:50 PM

I feel this is one of the such a lot important information for me. And i’m glad studying your article. But want to observation on few general things, The site taste is ideal, the articles is truly great : D. Good job, cheers

8. truth about cellulite

09/21/2014 at 3:21 AM

Thank you for every other great post. Where else could anyone
    get that kind of info in such a perfect method of writing?
    I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m at the search for such info.

9. rachat de credit

09/21/2014 at 8:12 AM

A large percentage of of the things you mention is supprisingly accurate and it makes me wonder the reason why I hadn’t looked at this with this light before. This particular article truly did turn the light on for me personally as far as this topic goes. Nonetheless at this time there is actually one particular position I am not too cozy with so while I attempt to reconcile that with the actual central theme of the issue, let me observe exactly what all the rest of your visitors have to say.Very well done.

10. theneighborhoodspecialists.com

10/07/2014 at 5:08 PM

They are a very good way to promote business service.
    However Yahoo marketing and other pay per click search engines offer some excellent traffic
    at a more reasonable price. A internet marketing business,
    in a nutshell, a business that’s designed to run on the internet via a website.

11. djshmoo.com

10/19/2014 at 12:22 AM

This will get you traffic to your site and make money.

Today, lots of websites and blogs bring in unheard of
    income for their owners merely by promoting another’s company
    on their web pages. Efficiency: Many carriers provide multiple
    receive emails, so your fax messages are automatically delivered to whomever you intend.

12. optimizationfuture.com

10/19/2014 at 12:53 AM

Understanding both advantages and disadvantages are important in order to
    choose the best internet marketing strategy. In addition, many of the words used started to take on slightly different
    meanings, depending on the context in which they are used. For
    more information visit: security gives you the protection from all kinds of worms, viruses and
    other problems.